Spinach, Red Malabar
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Secured & Safe Checkout :
70 days. Easily the most beautiful vining edible green you can grow! Red Malabar spinach is a splendid edible ornamental, and it is extremely heat tolerant, providing gobs of nutritious greens while others have succumbed to the heat. This beautiful plant is not a true spinach but a different species (Basella rubra). This heat loving Asian vine has lovely red stems and delicious, succulent leaves that are great in salads, stir-fries and perfect for smoothies. The vines produce tons of deep purple berries. The flavor is fairly bland, however the color is an extraordinary purple. Super high in anthocyanin, excellent as a natural dye for fabrics and foods. A delicious green that can be grown as an annual in many areas or as a perennial in sub-tropical areas. Not frost hardy.
Minimum Seed Count: 35
Image and description courtesy Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds/Rareseeds.com
Shipping is calculated at checkout
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50
|Shipping carrier||Avg. Delivery Time|
Read our full shipping policy: https://kitchenbotanicals.com/policies/shipping-policy
- Due to the nature of the products, plants and seeds cannot be returned.
- We will replace or refund supply items found to be damaged from the manufacturer.
- You must contact me within 30 days of receipt to initiate your return.
- If more than 30 days have passed, you will not be eligible for return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging if it was packaged.
Read our full return policy: https://kitchenbotanicals.com/policies/refund-policy