Cover Crop, Fava Bean
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Secured & Safe Checkout :
Fava beans are dual-purpose! As a cover crop, fava beans have one of the highest nitrogen-fixing rates, and the large, deep roots break up even heavy clay and compacted soil. For maximum nitrogen, harvest crop at peak bloom and work back into the soil to increase level of organic material. Seeds can be sown in temperatures as low as 35°F, and plants are very cold hardy. A fast-growing cover crop, sow favas in early spring or fall. Fall-sown seed will produce tall plants but will not produce flowers. CAUTION: People deficient in an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) should not handle seeds, consume fava beans, or inhale its pollen.
This packet sows approximately 40 square feet.
Shipping is calculated at checkout
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50
|Shipping carrier||Avg. Delivery Time|
Read our full shipping policy: https://kitchenbotanicals.com/policies/shipping-policy
- Due to the nature of the products, plants and seeds cannot be returned.
- We will replace or refund supply items found to be damaged from the manufacturer.
- You must contact me within 30 days of receipt to initiate your return.
- If more than 30 days have passed, you will not be eligible for return.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging if it was packaged.
Read our full return policy: https://kitchenbotanicals.com/policies/refund-policy